Profile evaluation for HBS 2+2

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation for HBS 2+2

by Enrique10 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:50 am
Good day,

I'm really interested in applying to HBS's 2+2 Program and Stanford's and Yale's deferred admission MBA Program and I would really appreciate a quick evaluation from you on my chances of admission.

-22 years old Mexican male, currently on my senior year.
-Studying Civil Engineering in Mexico's #1 school on this particular subject.
-Member of my University's Honors Program, currently doing research on Climate Change consequences for communities near the rivers at the northern part of Mexico.
-Worked a summer internship at a local construction site where I suppervised a little team of 4 workers.
-Currently teaching math courses at poor Primary Schools in my state.
-Proposed to create CETYS's (the best private High School and University in Mexico's north-western side) first men's volleyball program, enabling approximately 30 volleyball players in all of Baja California (a mexican state) to apply for a scholarship regardless of their social status.
-3.95 GPA
-750 GMAT.

Extracurricular:
-Been a high performance volleyball athlete for the last 7 years.
-5 consecutive Junior National Championships (annual competition).
-3 consecutive High School National Championships (annual competition and first national title in my High School's sport's program.
-3 consecutive University National Championships (annual competition and first national title in my University's volleyball program).
-2 consecutive recognitions as the best Student-Athlete in my University.
-5 Junior Championship titles achieved in the western part of the US (where all of US's western coast states participated with their clubs).
-2nd place at the U19 (under 19 years old) Panamerican World Championship Qualifier Tournament.
-2nd place at the U23 (under 23 years old) Panamerican World Championship Qualifier Tournament.
-13th place at the Boy's U19 World Championship.
-16th place at the Men's U21 World Championship.
-Recognized as the 10th best player in the World by stats at the U19 World Championship.
-Recognized as the best volleyball player in my state.

Former team captain at:
-Middle School.
-High School.
-University (active).
-Mexican National Team.

Any advise on what I should be doing to improve my admission's chances would be kindly welcomed!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:34 pm
A quick response to this would be: Fantastic!!! I just don't see any weaknesses in your profile, and if you read the boards, you know that's something I rarely say. The only issue I see is timing: you want to be sure you apply within the period of eligibility, which for HBS is April 10 2018. Your numbers are fantastic, you have the right background, you're involved in the community, and there is really no reason not to go for it ASAP!

Good luck and congratulations on a fine profile,
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me