Is it too late to take the GMAT?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Is it too late to take the GMAT?

by mohitrane10252 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 am
Hi!
I have been studying for GMAT for above a month now. I feel that i will need another month and a half to be ready for my exam. At this rate i might be able to take the GMAT by 15th Oct 2017. Do you think it will be too late by then to apply for fall 2018 in Canada ?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:40 am
Hi - sorry to be getting back to you relatively late on this question, but hopefully the topic will be of general interest.
You can take the GMAT the day before a school's deadline, if necessary, so taking it Oct 15 wouldn't be "too late" for any school whose deadline is after Oct 15. However, there is a lot more to the application process than the GMAT -- essays, online application, resume drafting, recommender management, etc. I recommend that people who are working on the GMAT under time pressure allot at least some time every day to finish those other key components as well.

It's hard to do GMAT study and application management in parallel, but if you are applying to, say, Rotman (deadline Nov 22), you want to be working on those essays and resume and recommendation management NOW, while studying. If you get a competitive score on Oct. 15, you'll still have plenty of time to apply.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me