Biologist: Lions and tigers are so similar to each other. .

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members
Biologist: Lions and tigers are so similar to each other anatomically that their skeletons are virtually indistinguishable. But their behaviors are known to be quite different: tigers hunt only as solitary individuals, whereas lions hunt in packs. Thus, paleontologists cannot reasonably infer solely on the basis of skeletal anatomy that extinct predatory animals, such as certain dinosaurs, hunted in packs.

The conclusion is properly drawn if which one of the following is assumed?

(A) The skeletons of lions and tigers are at least somewhat similar in structure in certain key respects to the skeletons of at least some extinct predatory animals.

(B) There have existed at least two species of extinct predatory dinosaurs that were so similar to each other that their skeletal anatomy is virtually indistinguishable.

(C) If skeletal anatomy alone is ever an inadequate basis for inferring a particular species' hunting behavior,then it is never reasonable to infer,based on skeletal anatomy alone,that a species of animals hunted in packs.

(D) If any two animal species with virtually indistinguishable skeletal anatomy exhibit quite different hunting behaviors,then it is never reasonable to infer,based solely on the hunting behavior of those species,that the two species have the same skeletal anatomy.

(E) If it is unreasonable to infer,solely on the basis of differences in skeletal anatomy,that extinct animals of two distinct species differed in their hunting behavior,then the skeletal remains of those two species are virtually indistinguishable.

The OA is C.

Experts I ask for your wisdom. I don't know how can I do this CR question. Please help me.