Modifiers

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:6 members

Modifiers

by BTGmoderatorRO » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 am
A Sumatran rhinoceros was recently born in a Cincinnati zoo, the first birth in captivity of that species in more than a century, making it a landmark development for the effort to save the endangered animal.

A) A Sumatran rhinoceros was recently born in a Cincinnati zoo, the first birth in captivity of that species in more than a century, making it
B) A Sumatran rhinoceros was recently born in a Cincinnati zoo, and as the first birth of that species in captivity for more than a century, it is
C) A Sumatran rhinoceros recently born in a Cincinnati zoo, as the first birth for that species in captivity for over a century, is
D) The recent birth of a Sumatran rhinoceros in a Cincinnati zoo, the first birth in captivity for that species in over a century, is
E) The recent birth of a Sumatran rhinoceros, as the first birth in over a century of that species in captivity, took place in a Cincinnati zoo,
OA is d.

what is the best approach to get the answer

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by Vincen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:53 pm
I see why options A and B are wrong. But, I don't know how can I conclude that the correct option is D. Experts, I need some help here. Thanks.