This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Review

by HARII » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:56 pm
Indian, Male, 27
GMAT 700
Academics: Engineer from a top 100 College in the Country with a score 69

Work Experience:

5 Years in a retail product company in India. I've started and built the Human Resource operations and functions in the company. I've got 3-4 Promotions and now a part of the senior management in the company. The company is on the verge of going Global in a years time.

Others: I've taken a lot of Business initiatives and demonstrated during the college. However after I ve started working all my initiatives are confined to my workplace .

Why MBA
To learn, understand organization from a Global perspective ideally to run a corporate office of a large global organization.

Serious targets
NUS
NTU
INSEAD
ISB

Would like apply
Booth
Anderson
Sloan
Michigan, Ann Arbor

Questions
1. Is my GMAT score good enough?
2. Should I apply now or wait for a couple of years and give a shot?
3. Which are Schools I should target?
4. Where should I improve?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by mbaMissionNishaT » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:57 am
Hi there - thank you for writing! To answer your questions:
1. Is my GMAT score good enough? - 700 is a solid score, but given the schools you're targeting and your competitive demographic, I would aim to increase that by at least 20-30 points if at all possible
2. Should I apply now or wait for a couple of years and give a shot? For full-time MBA, average years of work experience is 4-6 years or so. Therefore, I wouldn't necessarily wait to apply, since the more work experience you have past this average, the more challenging it is to convince the school why NOW is the right time for an MBA
3. Which are Schools I should target? For this, I would need to know more about your post-MBA goals (which function/industry are you interested in) as well as where you'd like to live and work after graduation
4. Where should I improve? Aside from the GMAT, make sure that you make it clear in your applications why you are interested in each target school - which specific resources do they offer within/outside the classroom that will help you meet your goals? Also, on your resume, make sure that your professional bullets convey not just your responsibilities but also, the impact/results you've achieved. Be sure to list your main 1-2 collegiate extracurricular activities in the Education section as well

I hope that helps! :-)
HARII wrote:Indian, Male, 27
GMAT 700
Academics: Engineer from a top 100 College in the Country with a score 69

Work Experience:

5 Years in a retail product company in India. I've started and built the Human Resource operations and functions in the company. I've got 3-4 Promotions and now a part of the senior management in the company. The company is on the verge of going Global in a years time.

Others: I've taken a lot of Business initiatives and demonstrated during the college. However after I ve started working all my initiatives are confined to my workplace .

Why MBA
To learn, understand organization from a Global perspective ideally to run a corporate office of a large global organization.

Serious targets
NUS
NTU
INSEAD
ISB

Would like apply
Booth
Anderson
Sloan
Michigan, Ann Arbor

Questions
1. Is my GMAT score good enough?
2. Should I apply now or wait for a couple of years and give a shot?
3. Which are Schools I should target?
4. Where should I improve?