Part-Time Programs for NYer - Baruch, Rutgers or UB?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a Part-Time MBA from a lower cost program. Digital Marketing professional with 4 years experience currently. Don't have a lot of savings and refuse to go into debt. Also want to build experience in the real world while getting my MBA, so I don't lose years in experience. I'm mostly going for my MBA for the following reasons:

- Learning Management: I would love to learn some tools on better managing people and presenting.
- Making friends
- Advancing to a Manager level
- Possibly getting into Brand Management. I've always been fascinated by consumer products, and I can't think of a better career that leverages both strategy and management.

I'm only considering 4 schools right now, as my Undergrad GPA is low (2.7), and are the most affordable.

Baruch - Need to apply ASAP (ends on the 1st!) as they don't have a Spring program. Most convenient program. Would not have to change anything in my lifestyle (and by far the cheapest (and I currently live rent-free). Also a 48 Credit program. My concern: They are very focused on Finance. Might have 0 links to Brand Management, making it impossible to get in.

UB - Ends Aug 1st and also has a Spring program. 48 credits so doable in 3 years. I'm from Buffalo so I can easily relocate back. Has good rankings, but that's also my concern. Their 3-2 program means a lot of MBAs are low in experience. I don't know if they cater at all to experienced professionals in recruiting. Also the area is fairly low in opportunities. If there were, I wouldn't mind going back to the area.

Rutgers - Already passed, so would start in Spring 2018. From my research, Rutgers has a lot of good recruiting from branding companies like Johnson & Johnson and Nestle. But I don't have confirmation of that. It is the most expensive (even in-state which I can technically qualify but need to find my own place) and most inconvenient. Classes are spread out amongst different campuses throughout NJ. Plus, it's a 60 Credit program, so it'll likely be an additional year for those 12 credits. Maybe could use the recruitment office to get into Brand Mgt midway through the program as these companies do want MBAs anyway.

Which option do you guys recommend? Is recruitment really important, or can some legwork on my end (like applying, networking) get me to the same place? I'd rather do Baruch or UB than Rutgers, but Baruch has a fairly low placement rate and doesn't handle Marketing much, and UB just is in a bad location.