Profile Evaluation - ISB

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation - ISB

by Srikanth.B » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:33 am
Hi,

I am an ISB aspirant Could you please evaluate my profile and suggest me on the areas on which I will have to work on, in order to enhance my profile.

Indian/Male/26 years

Academic Details:
X - 82%
XII - 93%
Grad - 81% (B.Tech- Civil Engg)
Pursuing PG in Project Management from NICMAR (Distance learning)

Work Experience - 4.5 years
I am currently working as a Project Engineer for Knight-India. It's a UK based Project Management Consulting firm. I have been a sole Project planner for a 4 million sft Commercial development with a Project Cost Rs 800 crores. My key responsibilities involve project scheduling and tracking, Resource Planning, MIS (Management Information System).

Prior to joining Knight Frank, I was associated with Sobha Ltd and Aparna Constructions, where I've handled the similar function for the Residential developments of size 5 lakh sft and 2 million sft respectively.

Accomplishments:
-Certification of Appreciation for achieving First rank in academics during Graduation.
-Achieved 15th rank at the University level among all the Colleges affiliated to JNTUH.
-Presented technical Papers at various reputed Universities like IIT Madras and Osmania University.
-I was a representative for the Civil Engineering department to conduct various technical events at college under ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education)
- Won a couple of medals for presenting technical papers and projects during Graduation.

I am planning to take GMAT this June.

The biggest concern I have is the lack of Extra Curriculars. Could you please evaluate my profile and suggest me about how to enhance my profile to get into ISB.

I've heard that ISB prefers candidates from diverse backgrounds. As I am from a non-IT background, Do I have any advantage as such??
Last edited by Srikanth.B on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:34 members

by AskgoISB » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 am
Srikanth.B wrote:Hi,

I am an ISB aspirant Could you please evaluate my profile and suggest me on the areas on which I will have to work on, in order to enhance my profile.

Indian/Male/26 years

Academic Details:
X - 82%
XII - 93%
Grad - 81% (B.Tech- Civil Engg)
Pursuing PG in Project Management from NICMAR (Distance learning)

Work Experience - 4.5 years
I am currently working as a Project Engineer for Knight-India. It's a UK based Project Management Consulting firm. I have been a sole Project planner for a 4 million sft Commercial development with a Project Cost Rs 800 crores. My key responsibilities involve project scheduling and tracking, Resource Planning, MIS (Management Information System).

Prior to joining Knight Frank, I was associated with Sobha Ltd and Aparna Constructions, where I've handled the similar function for the Residential developments of size 5 lakh sft and 2 million sft respectively.

Accomplishments:
-Certification of Appreciation for achieving First rank in academics during Graduation.
-Achieved 15th rank at the University level among all the Colleges affiliated to JNTUH.
-Presented technical Papers at various reputed Universities like IIT Madras and Osmania University.
-I was a representative for the Civil Engineering department to conduct various technical events at college under ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education)
- Won a couple of medals for presenting technical papers and projects during Graduation.

I am planning to take GMAT this June.

The biggest concern I have is the lack of Extra Curriculars. Could you please evaluate my profile and suggest me about how to enhance my profile to get into ISB.

I've heard that ISB prefers candidates from diverse backgrounds. As I am from a non-IT background, Do I have any advantage as such??
Hi Srikanth,

Rightly said, ISB values diversity. From what you've told us, you seem to have a good profile and would make a good fit at ISB. Even though you do not belong to the IT/ITES sector, we still recommend that you aim for a higher GMAT score. This would definitely supplement your chances.

Even though you feel Extra-curriculars are missing from your profile, you would be surprised to know that ISB no longer values NGO experiences, unless they are long-drawn and there is a deep impact, as candidates often take up volunteering to showcase on the resume. What ISB looks for is display of signs of leaderships, teamwork and professional maturity that show that you are ready for an MBA.

To identify these, we would need to get into the details of your experience including a few examples. We recommend that you focus on your GMAT and then begin working on your application. We can talk more on the right MBA story for your application, once GMAT is over.

Feel free to reach out for more information.
Cheers,
goISB team
https://www.goISB.com
Ph: +91 9871354580
Email:[email protected]
Check goISB's Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP) - ISB admit or money back*
https://www.goisb.com/services/gap/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Srikanth.B » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 am
Thank you for the evaluation...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Wed May 17, 2017 10:35 pm
Hi Srikanth.B,

Every international school looks for diversity. Given your professional background, you won't have to fall head over heels to differentiate yourself like one has to do in some applicant pools such as IT, but your application still needs to carry weight (leadership, self-awareness, career progression, problem-solving, and other managerial stuff) on its own.

Accomplishments from college matter much less than your professional experience and accomplishments. High test score will definitely help. And for extracurricular activities, involvement (read, depth) in one is more valued than 3-4 'hobbies'. You may pick 1-2 activities wherein you've shown more involvement, and try to make tangible impact there. Having said that, professional part is the most important.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis