Need from 500 to 550 in 6 weeks

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Need from 500 to 550 in 6 weeks

by Setarehrrr » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Hi! I need a desperate 50 point increase within 6 weeks ... I am at 500 right now according to Manhattan prep practice exam and I need a min 550 to get acceptance ... I have studied for a few months on and off and my initial base was 400 but after all the struggling I am not sure what the best strategy is to improve ... I can commit all my hours this 6 weeks ... I am using Manhattan prep course and am starting it all over again ... plus I have access to magoosh ...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:40 pm
Hi Setarehrrr,

Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so it's likely that you just have not put in enough time and effort yet. This is meant to say that since you've studied for just one month, you will likely improve as you continue to study, learn all of the necessary content and hone your Test-Taking skills.

1) From your post, it's not clear whether you've taken 2 practice CATs or more. Have you taken the FULL CAT each time (with the Essay and IR sections)?
2) What is your exact Test Date?
3) How do you know that a 550 is all that you 'need?'

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]