School selection. GMAT- 710. Unconventional profile.

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I would highly appreciate your suggestions in regard to the schools I should be targeting. I am an Indian Surgeon, Co-Founder of a Digital healthcare Startup, which works to improve oral cancer screening via telemedicine in Indian rural demography, and author of a multilingual poetry book. I am 28 years old, and have 4 years of work experience (3 years residency and 1 year entrepreneurship). My GMAT score is 710 and I am targeting next fall admissions. I want to work with Healthcare MNCs and consulting firms. So far, I have zeroed in on few schools, on the basis of my Linkedin conversations and online research, but, I am still far away from the final picture.

List : Harvard, MIT, Yale, Kellogg, Wharton, NYU, Duke, UNC Kenan Flagler, Rotman, and NUS.

In anticipation of your suggestions.
Dr Shaurya

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:01 am
I really like your background and I feel like the schools you are targeting will too. You are a little low on the GMAT for some of the top schools on your list but depending on your GPA that may be neglible. Also, given how unique your profile is and career interests I would take a crack at any of the schools with HBS obviously being the most difficult for you to crack.
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!