Potential Application Mistake?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Potential Application Mistake?

by DivineLegacy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:36 pm
Hi,

I attended 2 undergraduate universities -- one of them for a year and a half before I transferred. I was a business management major there, but did not take any major specific courses before transferring. On my submitted Round 2 MBA applications, I put that I was a business administration major. My transcript will say Management. It has been a very long time since I've been at that university and so I confuse that major with the major of my degree-granting institution. Do I need to call this out to the adcom ASAP? I just noticed this after verifying my application spoof for something else.

Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:11 am
DivineLegacy wrote:Hi,

I attended 2 undergraduate universities -- one of them for a year and a half before I transferred. I was a business management major there, but did not take any major specific courses before transferring. On my submitted Round 2 MBA applications, I put that I was a business administration major. My transcript will say Management. It has been a very long time since I've been at that university and so I confuse that major with the major of my degree-granting institution. Do I need to call this out to the adcom ASAP? I just noticed this after verifying my application spoof for something else.

Thanks.
Since you did not get a degree there and you were on a pre-business track- at least from what it sounds like- I would not worry too much about it as I don't see this making a material difference in how your application is reviewed. If this is keeping you up at night however, go ahead and send a simple email something along the lines of what you said above and have that added as a note in your file. Good luck and I hope you have good news coming in R2!