Earplugs in the testing centre?

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Earplugs in the testing centre?

by melguy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:48 pm
Hello

I would like to confirm if bringing in your ear plugs are permitted during the exam? I am going to give my test in India where unfortunately there is a lot of noise in the test centre itself and outside on the streets people in their cars are honking non-stop.

Thanks
Attachments
1.jpg

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:05 am
melguy wrote:Hello

I would like to confirm if bringing in your ear plugs are permitted during the exam? I am going to give my test in India where unfortunately there is a lot of noise in the test centre itself and outside on the streets people in their cars are honking non-stop.

Thanks
My understanding is that all testing centers have ear plugs available for test-takers, and they'll allow you to bring your own if you prefer.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:17 am
Hi melguy,

Unfortunately, there's a bit of variation in terms of what Test Centers allow. As a general rule, you are NOT allowed to bring anything with you into the Computer Lab, so it's highly unlikely that the specific Test Center that you will be visiting will allow this (of course, it's possible that they MIGHT allow you to use your own ear plugs, so you should contact the Center in advance and ASK). Most facilities will provide some form of noise-cancellation option (either headphones or ear plugs, but usually not both).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]