2016 OG SC 112

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

2016 OG SC 112

by Crystal W » Fri May 27, 2016 1:05 am
Yellow jackets number among the 900 or so species of the world's social wasps, wasps living in a highlycooperative and organized society where they consist almost entirely of females-the queen and her sterile female workers.
A. wasps living in a highly cooperative and organized society where they consist almost entirely of
B. wasps that live in a highly cooperative and organized society consisting almost entirely of
C. which means they live in a highly cooperative and organized society, almost all
D. which means that their society is highly cooperative, organized, and it is almost entirely
E. living in a society that is highly cooperative, organized, and it consists of almost all
The OA is B. My question is why B is in parrallel form. I think it should be cooperative, organized, and consisting almost entirely of females. Can someone correct me?
Thanks in advance!

Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800

by MartyMurray » Mon May 30, 2016 7:56 pm
Crystal W wrote:My question is why B is in parrallel form. I think it should be cooperative, organized, and consisting almost entirely of females. Can someone correct me?
Thanks in advance!
The way it's written is fine.

First, the three modifiers, cooperative, organized and consisting almost entirely of females are parallel, as they are all adjectival.

Then, the first two, cooperative and organized, naturally have to come before the noun, society.

a cooperative and organized society

consisting of ... has to come after society.

a society consisting almost entirely of females

So the entire thing is set up perfectly.
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.