Professional Work Experience (9 Years)

Samsung Thales - 2 Years (Korea)
Job Description: Junior Research Engineer
Samsung Electronics - 2 Years (Korea)
Job Description - Senior Research Engineer
Cummins - 2 Years (India)
Job Description _ Senior Software Engineer
Academia - (3 Years)
Job Description - Associate Prof. and Head of Department (Since 2015)

Notable Achievements

5 US Patents on State of the Art Consumer Electronic Products.
Outstanding Student Award for MS and PhD
Have managed teams from 15 - 30 members for product development in Engineering Sector
Currently head of the department of an engineering institute with about 50 faculties and 500 students under my supervision.
Have very good recommendation from LG CTO and Dean of my School.

Reason to Pursue MBA

Would like to stop development and technical phase of my life at 35 and move on to managerial and
leadership role in Engineering / Education Sector. The 1 year administrative role as head of the department made be realize that.

Reason to go back to Academia

More of calling and giving back along with family reasons.

Would like to Know

How good is my profile ?
What schools do I stand a Chance of getting in since GMAT only accounts for 25% of application?
If I do stand a chance should I go for 2017 admissions or 2018 admissions since I plan to take 6 months to prepare for GMAT?
Any suggestions that would make my profile stronger from now till date of applying?

Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue May 31, 2016 11:35 pm
for an EMBA, I am assuming you plan to continue working, which may restrict, geographically, where you can attend ? Certainly with a strong GMAT and solid focus on why the MBA, you should consider some high profile schools. I would really research where you see yourself working after the MBA, rather than keep your goals vague in terms of wanting to manage ? Engineering or education section ? Which one, which companies, research research your options. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by vivek5681 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:05 pm
Thanks Alex. I plan to pursue 1 year MBA full time program which means I will be taking break from work. I'm planning for 2017 admissions and post-MBA I plan to pursue Chief of Operational Management for any Engineering company in Consumer Electronics. What schools do I stand a chance of getting in to ? and for any chances that I might get scholarship or full loan for those programs. Domestically I got myself covered as I have saved up for my MBA but not quite enough for International MBA. So domestic 1 year MBA full time from top level schools or 1 year full time from US.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:36 pm
probably you should consider European options for a 1 year MBA, most of the top Euro programs are 1 year (not LBS), the majority of US programs are for 2 years. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/