MBA in Finance or MBA in telecom

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA in Finance or MBA in telecom

by priyakumari » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:12 pm
I am looking to pursue MBA in finance or Telecom.
I am Btech in IT.

I have interset in doing MBA in finance but my friends says Mba telecom is better.

Please help...

Followed by:1 members

by Humstudents » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:37 am
According to my opinion MBA in finance is perfect for best career in different fields.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:12 pm
Hi Priya. It would help you make a decision if you looked at the following before deciding:
1. The curriculum of these courses. Does it interest you?
2. How are the job placements for these 2 industries in the country that you are planning to take this course.

Good Luck!

https://www.manyagroup.com/

by rajivmehra » Thu May 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Hi Priya, In a country like India, where everyone has a free advice to offer and every third lane has a school or institute offering MBA course, finding the right one can be daunting. Before you make decision you should be clear about your own goals for joining MBA. Once you have narrowed down your aims, there are some things that you should keep in mind and task will be easier.

The first and the most important step, is to check the schools/institutes accreditation... for more details please visit https://goo.gl/X1Wju7 & Also find How to Choose a Right Executive MBA Program.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by shitalpagare » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:56 pm
MBA in finance will prepare students to help organizations to manage their finances effectively.MBA finance professionals assess feasibility of business projects according to funds available. Explore strategies to raise money and plan new areas for investment.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:40 pm
Most schools don't really offer a specialization nowadays. However, you can design your own by taking various classes, participating in certain clubs and really by deciding why industry you want to recruit for. Most importantly, you don't have to make a decision right now. Get into school and see what you like and who you connect with. You can always change your mind. Good luck!

by reetasharma201 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:26 pm
If you are an Indian, I would recommend that MBA finance will be beneficial, though MBA in telecom is a specialized subject finding an entry job will restrict you to Indian telecom companies, their recruitment process is quite grey as in the last 8 years of passing my college, I have never come across many recruitment or job ads from any Telecom companies. Most of them hire their own acquaintances and require a lot of references to get through, while a finance MBA will greatly help you and allow you to find a job in any field.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:23 pm
It may also be a good idea to reach out to alumni from both programs and get some of their insights, including their day-to-day responsibilities. Matching these with your own interests and goals could help. Reaching out to the schools themselves can help you know more about their curriculum and the post MBA prospects.

All the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!