GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 Timer Issue

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 Timer Issue

by deep19 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:26 am
Hey,

I had a problem while giving the Test 3 on GMAT Exam Pack 1.
I finished my final Verbal section about 1.5 mins before the alotted 75 minutes.

My score was 730 (Q50, 7 incorrect and V39, 6 incorrect)

I see that my score in verbal is too less given the fact that i had only 6 questions incorrect.
Also, in the analysis of Time Managemnt, the test says that i did not complete my test due to time constraints, though I completed the test and which is also evident by the fact that my final Q41 is indicated correct in my Exam Review.

I think there is an issue with the software. Please help.
Attachments
Test 3 Q41 correct.png
Q41 of Verbal is correct
Test 3 report .. Verbal time management.png
Test report says that i could not finish in time

by deep19 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:30 am
Adding to the above query,

Did I face a penalty for not completing the test on time? ( Which is wrong)
And is a score of 39 in V with only 6 incorrect questions justified?

Regards,
Deep

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 am
Dear Deep,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am writing to confirm that the GMATPrep scoring algorithm is accurate. Like the GMAT® exam, an individual's GMATPrep exam score is determined by the number of questions answered accurately, and more importantly, by the difficulty level of the questions answered as well. It is possible to earn a similar score for the same section in two different exams even when you answer more questions incorrectly in one exam than another.

In both the free GMATPrep software and in GMATPrep Exam Pack 1, there are enough questions to populate two exams each. Once you take the exams in the free software more than twice, or in the Exam Pack more than twice, you will begin to see repeat questions. This may alter the scoring outcome of your exams.

In terms of you running out of time, re-installing the GMATPrep software will resolve your issue.

Best,
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by deep19 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:42 am
Dear Abdul,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I was facing other problems, so yesterday I re-installed the GMAT Prep software. After which I had this issue today.

Can you tell by looking at the score report and the prompt which says that I could not finish my Verbal section due to time constraint, if I was penalised for not finishing on time or not? If I know that, I will have a more fair idea of my performance.

Thanks

Deep

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:21 am
Dear Deep,

I was also able to see the time-management tab showing that you've ran out of time. Since you were able to finish the exam, and received your score, you wouldn't be penalized meaning your score is accurate. However, I'd like to take a closer look into the error, please email me directly at [email protected].
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!