Recommendation Question

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Recommendation Question

by jaw5xs » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:27 am
Quick question here:

I have gotten two letters of recommendation for my schools. One of my recommenders who was a past supervisor wrote very detailed recommendations that catered to each program, so I am not worried about this one. He detailed my strengths and weaknesses very well.

I also reported directly to the CEO of my company, and he wrote me a more general recommendation. While the recommendation is very strong and gives specific examples of my impact to the company, it doesn't mention any times he gave me constructive feedback, which some schools ask for.

Will schools hold this against me, since technically I have no control over what the recommender writes? Both were my direct supervisors, so I am hoping that the constructive feedback that my first recommender mentioned will be good enough for the admissions committee to get a feel for my strengths and weaknesses. I am kind of freaking out about it.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:37 pm
I think it is important for the recommenders to answer all the questions asked on the form, so it will matter, but it depends how much it matters. Anyway, to the extent you can encourage your second recommender to answer all the questions, the better for you. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/