Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:750

Profile Evaluation - Berkeley EWMBA

by enmukee » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:36 pm
Thanks in advance for your evaluation!

Number of Years of Work Experience: 13
Undergraduate Institution: Top regional college of India, Bachelors of Engineering, Electronic and Comm.
Undergrad GPA: First Class with Distinction
GMAT: 750 (Q48/V45/IR4/AWA5.5)

Short-Term Goals: To be the Director of Enterprise Systems and eventually the CIO of a medium sized company.
Long-Term Goals: Entrepreneurship, to start my own company.

I will be applying for Round 2. I am working on getting recommendations from my current and past supervisor in my current organization and I am sure I can get good ones.

I think my strengths are my strong career growth, my diverse experience across business domains - I implement software to solve business problems and I have worked for multiple clients, lead business transformational projects, and in large multi-national corporations, and my current organization is a medium sized multi-national organization in Silicon Valley where I have the entire Enterprise Integration team reporting to me.

My 1st concern is my low Quant and IR score, that is not representative of my skill set. I guess I will be classified into the 'Indian Male engineer' bucket, so I will need a better Quant score to draw attention to my application. I am pretty sure I could better that if I try again, but is it worth the effort or should I invest in my application instead? Please let me know.

My 2nd concern is my age. Should I have applied for EMBA instead? I am not a Director or a VP and I did not want a diluted course, so I chose to apply for the EWMBA. I stay in Silicon Valley hence I can easily commute to Berkeley on weekends.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:56 am
Your GMAT looks strong, I certainly don't think it should be a problem. As to your second question, I would simply make the case for your choice and you should be fine, cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/