How to revamp my preparation?

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How to revamp my preparation?

by dhruv.madra » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:08 am
Hello all,

I took the GMAT in mid Feb 2015 and got a 710/800 after a prep of 2 months from the official guide and Veritas prep online free question bank. How do I revamp my prep so that i am able to take the GMAT successfully in the next 2-3 months. I am ready to stretch my entire prep strategy, i will be grateful if you could help me out.

Regards,

Dhruv
Last edited by dhruv.madra on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:13 am
Hi Dhruv,

There are many different ways to prepare for the GMAT. From what you've described, it sounds like you were trying to self-teach by doing lots of practice problems. That approach doesn't always yield the best result since you don't have an expert guiding you through the process, teaching you tactics and the 'secrets' of the Test, etc.

Now that you've done some work and taken the GMAT, you're in a better position to improve, although you will have to adjust how you "see" the GMAT and learn/practice new tactics.

What is your goal score?
When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]