Any INSEAD Alumni?

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Any INSEAD Alumni?

by nm1158 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:52 am
Hey - looking to talk to an INSEAD alum - preferably someone with a post mba marketing background.
Trying to decide between INSEAD and LBS and would really like some insight from INSEAD alums on some questions. I work in digital analytics right now but would like to get into marketing strategy/brand management after MBA.

Specifically:
- More CPG firms and marketing roles recruit at INSEAD (11% vs 3% at LBS); however, I would want to work in London post MBA since that's where most of the major CPG global marketing headquarters are. Everyone I talk to seems to suggest that there are no networking opportunities at INSEAD and if I want to work in London, even though marketing roles don't usually recruit there I would have a better chance getting a job through networking - any thoughts?
- LBS has an internship built-in. I'm going into MBA school fairly young (24 right now) and I'm concerned maybe not having an internship at INSEAD might hurt my chances at recruiting but not sure if that's really a factor
- Have been told that INSEAD is 'losing its touch' in terms of reputation - any thoughts?
- How active and helpful is the career services?
- How intense is the workload? Do you feel like you are actually learning and absorbing new information or is it more of a we just need to pass? Are grades curved? How important are grades to the recruiting process?