Want to leverage my present experience in IT

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hii all, my name is Varun Pant and I am from India.

I have an experience of 4 years in IT industry. I want to do an MBA that could help me to bolster my career in the same industry. I do not want to switch industry ,rather want to leverage this experience furthur. currently I am doing hardcore technical stuff ,but I want to see myself in key managerial positions in the IT sector. Preferably Strategy and Product Management.

Thus my motive to do an MBA is to ascend the ladder of same industry in which I am currently employed. I was looking for such an MBA is South East Asia/India region. I filtered out SMU, NTU, NUS, HKU,SP Jain,ISB .

But I am not sure whether I am fit for these schools or vice versa as I have a profile which ranks amongst the wide pool of Indian It engineers(with an average GMAT score of 650) and also whether the MBA from these colleges would provide the intended benefit that I seek from an MBA.
would be thankful if anybody could help me in my search.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:36 am
Hello Varun

The schools you are targeting are some of the top schools in Asia and an MBA from any of them would certainly help you in advancing your career. As an Indian IT applicant, you will face more competition than others. A good GPA, GMAT score and a solid work experience with substantial display of leadership attributes will make you a good fit for these schools. To begin with, you will have to improve your GMAT to improve your chances. Average GMAT at ISB is 700. So try to score above this with a good score on the quant section.

Tell me about your work experience - major projects, promotions, leadership roles assumed, etc and extracurricular activities.

You can go through this article to prepare a stellar business school application https://www.interviewbay.com/blog/6-comp ... pplication

www.InterviewBay.com
Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of your Target School