Is TOEFL compulsory

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:28 members

Is TOEFL compulsory

by sivaelectric » Sun May 29, 2011 12:43 am
I have seen in many B'Schools' sites that TOEFL is not required for the students who have had their college education in English. I did my UG in english and is TOEFL is mandatory for my B'School application. If yes would like to know about the books that are useful for preparation. How much time is required for preparation? What is the score expected by the B'Schools? :) Thank you.
If I am wrong correct me :), If my post helped let me know by clicking the Thanks button ;).

Chitra Sivasankar Arunagiri

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Sun May 29, 2011 4:30 am
For most schools, students from India need to submit TOEFL. It is safer to take the test rather than not.

The test is very easy and you just need a bare minimum score. If you can read my response here, then I think you will score way more than that average. :)

I took the test without even knowing what the format is. Just prep for a week or so. It is basic English.
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Sheriff » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:03 am
It is best to check the school's website, they usually publish very detailed instructions regarding TOEFL requirements and waivers. If you're still not sure, just email them and ask.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by btg123 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:33 am
Sheriff wrote:It is best to check the school's website, they usually publish very detailed instructions regarding TOEFL requirements and waivers. If you're still not sure, just email them and ask.
Hi Sheriff,

I had the same query regarding TOEFL. I am an Indian candidate and am done with my GMAT exam. I have had English as my first language throughout my schooling as well as during graduation. I did write an email to the AdComs of the colleges that I am interested in applying to and fortunately all of them have waived the TOEFL requirement for me.

Am I still required to give the TOEFL?

Best Regards

by caroalmeida » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:32 am
is it compulsory to TOEFL to get into SP Jain Global?

by nehal12 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 pm
HI,
I too scored the same score.I am completely devastated. I scored 27/R, 25/L, 22/S, 23/W.
I am surprised on my writing section score.I don't know what went wrong.I never copied a word from the passage,always stick to a structure i.e start,body and conclusion.Still!
What should I do? give TOEFL again? Pls reply
nehal12