question from my essay

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

question from my essay

by aerodan1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:19 pm
taken from one of awa issues essays....

" So, an employee resides in the middle, feeling the forces from his bosses, his customers, and those who work in the same environment."

Would this sentence be incorrect on the gmat, due to parallelism issues? i know that if i added from to the 2nd and 3rd elements, that this would probably help the parallelism. however, is this sentence ok as is? - Dan

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:7 members

by grockit_andrea » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:22 am
The sentence would be fine. Think of parallelism in SC as something like the distributive factor. In math, you can say 2(x + y+ z), or you can say 2x + 2y + 2z, because they mean the same thing. Similarly, you can say "from x, y, and z," or "from x, from y, and from z," and each one is fine. The "from" at the beginning of the list can be "distributed" through to all of the elements, or you can make it explicit if you choose. The only time you run into trouble is if you don't distribute your parallel elements evenly, e.g., "from bosses, customers, and from those who work..."
Andrea A.
Grockit Tutor
https://www.grockit.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by Ramandeep08 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:52 pm
Hey guys, I am searching for some essay writing help. Can you please help me?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:57 am
Ramandeep08 wrote:Hey guys, I am searching for some essay writing help. Can you please help me?
I have a set of videos that cover everything you need to know: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat ... assessment

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com