conclusion - Computers manufacture

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

conclusion - Computers manufacture

by sukrant26 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:21 pm
All computers manufactured after 1998 have a minimum processing speed of 400 MHz. My computer has a processing speed of 399 MHz.

Which of the following can definitely NOT be concluded from the above statements?
I) My computer was definitely manufactured after 1998.
II) My computer may have been manufactured in 1998.
III) If it had been manufactured a year later, my computer would have had a faster processing speed.

(A) I only

(B) II only

(3) III only

(D) I and III only

(E) II and III only

Can we "definitely not conclude" III. I thought we can definitely not conclude only I. And III is probably true.

Please explain

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by krajaram29 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:45 pm
i think the answer is d. we cannot conclude 1 and 3.
III) If it had been manufactured a year later, my computer would have had a faster processing speed.
from the statement, we do not know which year the person's computer was manufactured. the statement 3 is true only if the comp was manufactured in 98. what if it was manufctrd in 87?
what is the answer?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by nikhil_havele » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:43 am
Ans should definetely be D i.e I AND III

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Mis

by jabhatta » Wed May 28, 2014 6:00 pm
Am i mis understanding the phrase " Which of the following can definitely NOT be concluded from the above statements"..... My understanding of this is that, if i can see if the option is definitely wrong or correct : that means I CAN conclude. If i am not sure of the answer is right or wrong, I CANT conclude ....

So

I) My computer was definitely manufactured after 1998 --> surely wrong . Hence I CAN conclude this is not the right answer.

II) My computer may have been manufactured in 1998 --> this may be true / may not be true. Hence I CANNOT conclude the answer

III) If it had been manufactured a year later, my computer would have had a faster processing speed. Surely wrong . Hence I CAN conclude this is not the right answer.

Hence I choose option B.

OG is D