No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Prompt:

"It is unrealistic to expect individual nations to make, independently, the sacrifices necessary to conserve energy. International leadership and worldwide cooperation are essential if we expect to protect the world's energy resources for future generations."

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

The Essay:

It can be agreed that for individual nations to take more responsibility in energy conservation efforts is quite difficult. Even more so for nations finally exiting the third world status. However it is very much because of this reason that the international community needs to come together to ensure energy conservation is taken seriously the world over. If not for the sake of the world then for the sake of resources of future generations. For this reason I agree that energy conservation should be taken seriously. In final analysis I do believe that unity on this issue is essential.

The number one issue to look at is that without working together no nation will be able to survive in the long run. Without one country relying on the imports of another their people would suffer, at the same time other countries that rely on exports would be losing money which as a result will result in a lower GDP and possible lower level of living. An example can be seen as America's reliance on foreign oil. When supply drops, demand did not keep up to have revenue flowing. As a result many in the USA lost jobs, corporations merged, and hiring slowed down significantly.

However at the same time, it's not right for the international community to ask more out of one country, rather then the other. An everyone works and suffers together mentality. An example is the fact that the USA is one of the most consumer centric energy user in the world, at the same time China is know for it's high pollution. If the USA asks China to cut back on smog, China will expect the USA to comply in return, with an added advance on loans of course.

The benefit of the world working together is of course unity and community among the world however the most important thing is that the world would be moving together on goals and keeping pressure on each other will benefit the entire human population. More advanced technology can be developed, healthcare can be improved, and poverty can even potentially be eliminated.

In the end I agree that one country can not carry the whole weight of energy conservation and the world must be united to be able to accomplish this goal.

NOTE: I realize this essay may be laughable at best however any improvement ideas would be much appreciated, figured I would start somewhere right?