What are my chances at HBS/Haas/Anderson/Chicago w/GMAT 670

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,

I took the GMAT a month ago and was disappointed with my final score. I landed a 670 (81%) though my practice tests were in the 730s, with the following split: 45in Quant (66%) and 37 in Verbal (81%). I'm stressed b/c I know the quant is low.

Here is my overall background:

EDUCATION
- Tel Aviv University graduate - Economics and Film (GPA 88 - I guess its around 3.6)
- Served in the Israeli army as a group leader -Have led groups of 50 workers from all over the world. Won award for my service.
- Volunteered at the city's main welfare bureau where I assisted those in need with optimising their expenditure, paying off debts, writing letters to creditors, giving lectures where explaining about pensions, banks, social rights etc.
-directed and produced a student film that was purchased by a TV network and broadcasted several times.

WORK EXPERIENCE
- Currently: a Business Development and Project Manager at an innovational Technological company changing k-12 Education in Israel.
- Previously: *An Economist at Israel's Ministry of Finance (1 year)
* a financial editor at the largest Buisness newspaper in the country (3.5 years - worked nights as a student)

PERSONAL BACKGROUND
- Born in Moscow, Russia and grew up in Israel
- Speak Russian, English, French (Limited proficiency) and Hebrew

Post MBA aspirations:

Would like to work at the Biz Dev Department at a top tier company.

Thoughts? should I retake the GMAT or focus on essays instead? Don't have much time left before the deadlines.

Thanks in advance,
Maria