Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Please Evaluate my profile

by vik123 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:06 pm
Hi,

I would greatly appreciate if you could evaluate my application:

Term: Fall 2009
Target Schools: Wharton, MIT, Columbia and Stanford (may be) (R2)

Age/GMAT: 26/Male
Nationality: India

Background: Engineering/Technology

GMAT: 770, AWA: 6.0

Undergraduate: Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, GPA 9.1/10 (Ranked 3 in the class).

Masters: Electrical Engineering, Georgia Tech (Top 5 school in USA), GPA: 4.0/4.0 and full-time research assistant which payed in complete for my masters.

Experience:

3 Years (by Fall 2009) in a high-tech wireless communication company in the US. Systems Engineer working on research and development of advanced wireless communication systems. Embedded SW/HW design and development. Promoted after just 1.5 years. I am not in a managerial position, but work with multiple groups and have developed a good reputation as a good communicator. Supervisors consider me leadership material.

2 summer internships in Europe in the telecommunications industry during my undergraduate years. IAESTE research fellow for one of these internships.

2 years as research assistant at Georgia Tech working on a project for NASA and Georgia Tech. Featured in the school magazine.

Publications/Patents:
8 Pending Patent Applications filed in my current job.
3 research papers (wireless comm) in reputed international conferences

Recommendations:
2 Supervisors at my current job (Most of these I think would be strong)

Extra-curricular:
Founded and managed to date the tennis club at my current company - organize matches for members and arrange financing. I have held an important role in organizing the cultural and technical festivals in undergrad.

Unfortunately do not have a lot of community experience. This I think is a weak point of my resume. I do have a couple of short volunteer experiences in the US. One was my participation in the presidential campaign for a few weekends in the GOTV effort in NJ and PA. Although short (about 4 weekends), it was a wonderful experience for a political junkie like me. However I am not sure if I should mention this at all. Especially given that I have no references for this work because my volunteer efforts were spread out across a few locations. The other experience was also very short. It was in terms of helping in finding accommodation for students of Tulane University who were displaced by Huricane Katrina and some of them were relocated to Georgia Tech. Although not very long experiences, these two at least show that I do not hesitate to help when needed.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by vik123 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:25 pm
I would appreciate if you could kindly evaluate my profile.

Vik.