Profile Evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by Mayanks2586 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:44 am
Hi,

Would request to give me your honest opinion and advice.

M 22, From India. Working with a Software Development company as Software Engineer since 2 Years. Can justify my leadership skills and career profession very well.

Bachelor's - B.Tech(Information Technology) - 75%
10+2 School - 82%

Projected GMAT - 670 (48 Quant, 34 Verbal)
Toefl - 100

Program - IB, Info Systems or Finance.

Schools:

UCLA
Tippie
Yale
INSEAD
WHARTON
Boston

I started my career as a trainee with the same company. Got a team of 4 working under me after 4 months of joining. Successfully delivered the project. Now working on 2 projects simultaneously, one for a client in US and other project of my own(4 people working me) for which I am directly reporting to the VP). Expecting an award of excellence in March 09.

Extra Curricular:
1) University level Award for Best Programmer
2) Received an award for taking part in Dramatics.
3) Was the member of Dramatic Society of the college.
4) Helping 3 children, financially by providing them education, food and healthcare facilities.
5) Associated with https://IndianBloodDonors.com, regular blood donor.
6) Contributing money for the marriage of the daughter of our maid.

Thanks Again....

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:05 pm
Mayanks2586,

Thanks for your note. It sounds like you are off to a fast start to your career. I am impressed that you are currently managing 2 projects and you are only 22 years old. I also like the fact that you were involved with Drama in college - hopefully you are still involved in this hobby, because this is a great way to help you stand out from other IT consultants.

I have a question for you - why do you say that you have a "Projected" GMAT score of 670? Have you received this score or is this what you are expecting to receive on the test?

While Wharton and INSEAD will be reach schools, I think that you will be competitive at the other schools you list as long as you submit high quality applications.

Sincerely

Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit LLC
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Mayanks2586 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Dear Eliot,

Thank you for your quick reply and motivational words.

I have not yet given GMAT but will be giving on 23 Dec, and I am expecting a score between 660-700.

I would be very grateful if you can please let me know other B-Schools that I should apply based on my profile. Also, I am targeting Fall09 admissions so that means I'll be applying in Round 2 of most of the colleges.

Some other colleges that are in my mind are -

Darden
MIT Sloan
Tepper
Illinois

Can you please let me know if I stand any chances of getting into above B-Schools?

Thanks Again..

Regards,

Mayank

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Mayanks2586,

Thanks for your reply. Good luck with the GMAT - hopefully you will get a 700+ score because this would improve your odds of admission at the top schools.

You asked about your chances at various schools. Honestly, I would need to know more about your career goals and your reasons for seeking an MBA in order to determine which schools would be the best fit for you. We do offer a free initial phone consultation, so feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss the specifics of your candidacy.

That said, you will clearly have a higher chance of admission at schools like Tepper and Illinois rather than Darden and MIT. More broadly, I suggest that you focus your efforts on the top 10-20 schools, especially if you get a good GMAT score.

Sincerely

Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit LLC
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.