Questions after Day 22, Practice test 550

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Questions after Day 22, Practice test 550

by shurale » Mon May 06, 2013 10:48 am
Hi everybody,

I took GMATPrep 1 with a score 530 (Q36, V27) without any preparation, and today I made a 2nd attempt and scored 550 (Q47, V20) after 22 days of the 60-Day Study Guide. I improved my math results and truth be told, I feel much more confident with it after 20 days, thanks to the study guide. The question is about Verbal. The result got much worse, what can it mean? I considered V27 as my baseline, now it looks like V27 would be a good result for me on a test. Is it really possible to improve in a month? (I'm not a native english speaker)

And on more thing, I am kind of behind the schedule, just finished Day 22, but my schedule is already on Day 34. I am taking a test on 5th of June. Is it possible to catch up and finish in time?

My target score is 650.

Thanks!

Iskander

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon May 06, 2013 11:19 am
First of all, don't worry about the decreased Verbal score.
You haven't studied Verbal yet, so there's nothing to worry about (start worrying if your verbal score decreases AFTER you've covered the content).
The reason for the Verbal discrepancy is hard to pinpoint. Perhaps you lost track of time, had a killer RC passage (or two), etc.
Don't let the results of one practice test throw you off. You will take several more practice tests in the future.

Don't worry about being behind schedule. Day 42 is the last day that you learn new content, and the remaining days are devoted to taking practice tests and working on weaknesses. So, you can always catch up then.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com