The First Unsuccessful attempt

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

The First Unsuccessful attempt

by karan.7045 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:22 am
I just wrote my GMAT.Really had a depressing time,dont know wat happend to mee.. The frst two sections wer gud ..Wen the quant section startd ..the toll i had on my mind was really horrible i was so tensed and then came the 5th question it was very tough...I Wasted 18 minutes of time for 4 questns 5 to 9 .Wen i saw the time after the 10th question .I was shocked ,had 34mins for 27 questions.. I lost the confidence and hope.That screwed my entire exam .. Icompleted the xam but dint feel like seeing the scores.. I cancelled the scores and came off ..Very depressing .. My only advise for ppl who r giving the xam is atleast write 6 practs tests befr the xam...

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:27 am
Very good advice.

While preparing, students should keep in mind that the GMAT is a test of your math and verbal skills AND it's a test of your test-taking skills. So, keep taking practice tests to work on your endurance and your time management skills.

Regarding time management: I suggest that you use a Milestone Chart to keep you on track. This is covered in our free GMAT time management video at https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gener ... es?id=1244

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com