Some Q's Relating GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Some Q's Relating GMAT

by zaffar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:09 pm
Hi,

I have some questions relating GMAT registration and test result procedure.

1- How to register for GMAT if i have no credit card? can i go to the test centre in my city and register there?

2- How much time will Test admission card (or something like that) take to reach me?

3- How many days before test date i can reschedule it to some later date?

4- How many days will the result take to reach the universities?

Thank you.
Last edited by zaffar on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Answers

by zaffar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:32 pm
Hi,

i found some answers from their site www.mba.com.

1-"Preferred Forms of Payment
Credit card (Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, or JCB®)
Debit card (Visa® or MasterCard® only)
Cashier’s check (mailed forms only)
Money order (mailed forms only)
Personal check (mailed forms only)

Payments by check must be payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on banks located in the United States."

Someone please help in this matter if anyone has paid for test by someother means except credit card.

2- How much time will Test admission card (or something like that) take to reach me? or How many days before test date should i register so that it can reach me in time for test.

3-"There is a US$50 fee to reschedule the date, time, or location of a GMAT® exam appointment if you reschedule your appointment at least seven full calendar days before the date and time of your original appointment. If you reschedule within seven calendar days of the date and time of your original appointment, you will be charged the full registration amount. The rescheduling fee is subject to change without notice. " :shock: :!: :?:

so there is no point in rescheduling my GMAT date :( . I will register for test when i am confident enough to take the test. :cry:

4-"On the day you take the Graduate Management Admission Test® (GMAT®), before you begin the exam, you may select up to five (5) GMAT® Programs to receive your Official Score Report. These recipients will receive the Official Score Report within 20 calendar days of your test. This service is covered by your registration fee. Once you have made your selections, you will not be able to change or delete them. "

"The fee to send an Additional Score Report is US$28" :?: ohh man they charge us for everything. :roll:

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:06 pm
Re: item #2, the "admissions card" is emailed to you immediately if you sign up on line, so I assume if you sign up in person, they will either give it to you right there or email it to you. I've never signed up in-person, so don't know for sure. (I've also never had them ask me for the confirmation card when I show up. They just ask for my ID. This may not be the same procedure in other countries, though.)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me