Ask an HBS Student

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Ask an HBS Student

by mjacobson1986 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:22 am
Just started at this semester. As an applicant it was a challenge for me to find out what the student experience was really like since I didn't know any current students. Guys at my office had gone to HBS a few years back, but since the landscape is so different than it was a few years ago, I felt a little unsure about the actual experience.

The best thing about my experience thus far, other than my classmates, is the FIELD curriculum. FIELD is a practical learning class that gives students international experience and entrepreneurial experience.

If anybody has any questions about FIELD, or living at One Western Avenue, let me know. Feel free to send me a message. Happy to give more details about the application and/or student experience. Just hit me up!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by ksc1940 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:04 am
Awesome. What do you think of the social scene at HBS? Is it really the "best two years of your life?"

I lived in one western avenue over the summer. I didn't like the dorm at all, mostly due to the location. But for students it's obviously super convenient.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by --JTL-- » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:53 am
FIELD sounds great. Have you gone to your global immersion site yet? What and where did you choose and why?

Now you are a few months in how are you finding One Western Avenue? In comparison, how do your peers that live elsewhere find it? I'm guessing it must be easier practically for morning group meetings etc. but do most groups tend to study on campus or at each others place of residence?

How is the case method style of teaching, and the level of your, or your group, involvement?

Do you build up relationships with other "sections" or do sections keep to their own group?

Thanks in advance. Really interested to see how you are getting along.