Bad TOEFL

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Bad TOEFL

by debdy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 pm
Hello,
I received my TOEFL scores yesterday and shocked to see it is only 89 (R21,L20,S23,W25)
I will apply for the MSc Finance programs in Europe. Please suggest me whether i should retake it or not. I am worried if I would get a visa with such a low score.
Please help
Thnks

Followed by:1 members

by watchsmart » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:02 am
I guess you have to contact the school and ask about it. Talk to one of the academic advisers. One of my family members is an academic adviser/career counselor at a major university. Just call and they'll give you an honest answer.

ALSO: If you got a 23 in speaking and a 25 in writing then you are CERTAINLY able to get similar scores in reading and listening. If you study a lot (even just do a ton of practice tests) and take the test again, I bet you will improve those scores.
TOEFL Resources: Brand new Step-by-step guides and a free essay evaluation service.

by debdy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 am
Thanx for your reply watchsmart. Can you please ask your family member what he/she thinks about the score and if i should retake the exam.
thnz again for your reply mate

by watchsmart » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 pm
My family member is at a North American university dealing mostly with undergrads and wouldn't know what to say about your situation. I just mention that to stress that the advisers really want to help you. That's what they do. Just call in to some of the schools you are interested in and ask. You'll get a detailed answer to your question.
TOEFL Resources: Brand new Step-by-step guides and a free essay evaluation service.

by debdy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:21 pm
sure i will..thnx

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by eniac » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 pm
My school was asking for at least 90 points, so in that case you would need to retake it. On the other side, lots of schools doesn't require so much, especially if you are going to study in Europe. Studying in the Ivy League universities, on the other sides, requires sometimes more than 110 points, but I guess you are not trying to get there this time.