Confused !!! Need Your Advice

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Confused !!! Need Your Advice

by bzg2hg » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:14 am
Hi Friends,

I am working in a MNC at Chennai having a work experience of nearly 2.5 years .
Now I want to go for management education . I have following questions in my mind.

1. Will it be a wise descision to leave a job nd go for MBA .
2. Shall I go for CAT or GMAT . Which will be easier for me to crack.
3. I am not much strong in English . Will it create any trouble for me if I want to enter into any US Business school.

Any suggestion is highly appreciable .

Thanks,
Hota :?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by austin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:53 am
1. MBA is one of ways to achieve your career goals (move faster thru' the corporate ladder)...this is why an MBA is in demand...

2. Since you are out of college for quite a while, CAT is not an advisable option. IIMs and other reputable institutes require a cut off of over 99!!! Not impossible, but very very difficult.. needs 6-8 months of intense preparation and loads of MOCK CATS.. since you are working, this will be difficult.. This was the main reason I chose to take the GMAT

3. Apart from US and European b-schools, you can use the GMAT score and apply to some of the b-schools in India - eg. ISB and GLIM.. My cousin got an admit to SP Jain (Dubai) with his GMAT score...

4. Most Indian test-takers are good in quant, not so in verbal. 3 months of dedicated preparation can get you a competitive score

5. I have a score of over 700 in the GMAT. I attended the classroom coaching of 4GMAT in chennai (www.4gmat.com). It is an IIM Alumni venture; small class size, great coaching, personal attention...excellent value for money

6. I was in a dilemma as to where I had to enroll for GMAT coaching. I am glad I chose 4GMAT. so many >700 scores
https://www.4gmat.com/gmat_success_stories.shtml

7. Math is taught by Mr. Baskar (IIM alumnus) and by those who have cracked the GMAT. Verbal is taught by Ms. Subashree, who does corporate training for CEOs and executives

For more info., please feel free to drop me a line at: [email protected]

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by bzg2hg » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:23 am
Thanks Austin ...
if i will do prepairation from now onwords ... 3 months as said by you ..
then I can apperar exam in feb.. can i apply for 2009 admission.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:31 am
Moving this thread to b-school in general forum.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by austin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:00 am
The 3 month period is considering you work while you study. If you take a month off your work, you can write your GMAT by mid December (in about 45 days from now).. You can contact 4GMAT guys.. they will have a weekday batch (mon-friday mornings).. so you cover topics much faster...

Most of the round 2 deadlines are in Jan/feb.. so if you can write your essays in 15 - 20 days after your GMAT test, you can apply for round 2...

BTW, CAT is in november (2008).. If you want to write CAT, u will have to wait till next november (2009) and then, you can do your MBA only in 2010 (August/september)..

With GMAT, you have a chance for fall 09 intake.. with CAT, no such chances!!!!