European MBA as compared to its US counterparts

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:690
Hi,

I have started preparing for GMAT. I have very good background in terms of B.Tech institute. My institute stands among top 5 Engineering institutes of India (Indian Institute of Technology) which has very good reputation worldwide. I have some serious issues regarding funding and duration of MBA. I prefer 1-1.5 yr MBA course and am completely unable to bear high tuition fee.
Considering these limitations, can anyone suggest me should I consider European MBA instead of US MBA? What is the actual difference in both of them in terms of job quality and salary package?

Please help me as I am in dire need of your help.

Thanks in advance.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:58 am
V -
I dont know too much about European business programs, however my understanding is they are becoming much more popular among students looking for a global edge over US-based programs. Programs such as INSEAD, LBS are world-class programs and are just as competitive/rewarding as top US MBA programs.

If you have more detailed questions about European MBA programs, I would encourage you to speak with one of Vertias Prep's Admissions Consultants who would have more experience with international programs. Contact info is below.

Regards,

NP

Veritas Prep | Elite Test Preparation and Admissions Consulting | US: 1.800.925.7737 | International: 1.310.456.8716 | UK: 44.207.099.2094 | www.VeritasPrep.com
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep