How much does a score of 50Q and 39 V equal to on GMAT?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hey fellas!

I have subscribed to the Economist GMAT Tutor course and have been taking their course for one and a half months now.

I recently gave a diagnostic and scored a 710 - 50 Q 39 V

Comparison shows however that with the same score breakup, the actual score on the GMAT tends to be a bit higher.

Can anyone here who has some experience of the actual GMAT help me to know what an actual score on the GMAT would be with this breakup? I have already referred to the so called score calculator websites, but would prefer a response from an actual person with experience.

Thanks and keep rocking!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:46 pm
Hi bhavyapabby,

When it comes to evaluating this score, there are a couple of factors to consider

1) You took an un-Official CAT that has a reasonable chance of being a bit "off" from the Official GMAT, so you might not score Q50, V39 on Test Day.
2) The GMAT has a tiny bit of a "curve" to it, so a given set of Scaled Scores could lead to an overall score that is off by 10 points in either direction.
3) Did you do anything during this CAT that would be considered non-Test-Like (skipping sections, pausing the Test, taking the CAT on a laptop, etc.)? An unrealistic experience can lead to artificially "inflated" results.
4) These days, a Q50, V39 would probably be 710 or 720, but it's unlikely to be 740.

Have you taken any of the CATs from www.mba.com (those CATs are the Official Test-maker CATs)? If so, then what were THOSE results?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by Hremehre » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:09 am
(Saw this headline posted on Twitter)

Q50 and V39 is a 730. I got that score on September 1st.

Good luck to you.

by RKOOuttaNowhere » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:24 am
Thank you so much buddy :D

All the best for your B-school admission!!