Please evaluate

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Please evaluate

by rjbrooks » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:02 am
I'm looking to get an MS in Accounting, GPA undergrad was 3.1 (while working full time), and I do have several years experience in supervisory and accounting roles. I'm looking to take GMAT later this year and get a high score so I can maybe get a scholarship somewhere, if possible. Resume is attached. Thanks
Attachments
resume (5).doc
Resume - Please evaluate for CPA prospect
(26.5 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:05 am
Hi RJ,

Thanks for your post and resume. As you know, its difficult to assess your candidacy based solely on your GPA score and resume. While your GPA score is good, shoot for a 700+ GMAT score if you are interested in a top 25 program.

What schools are you interested in? Scholarships vary from school. However, I do not believe you would be competitive for a scholarship from a top 25 program based soley on merit.

If you need help picking out schools, check out Veritas Prep's new School Selector tool. It is a fantastic resource to help you select schools which match your background.

Details are below...

Regards,

NP

Have you ever wondered what your chances are at the top business schools in the country? We've developed a fun tool that will allow you to gauge the value of your GMAT score, GPA, and a variety of other variables, giving you a starting point for investigating MBA programs that fit your profile.

Although it's not a substitute for the advice of a real Admissions Consultant, it is definitely a great way to see where you're at.
https://www.veritasprep.com/selector
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by rjbrooks » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:23 pm
Thank you, I may actually just stick to a state school due to cost. Northeastern is a possibility because it is right down the street, though I think I would need a 700 to be considered for scholarship there. Thanks for feedback though.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:58 am
No problem. I would follow up with their financial aid department to find more information about scholarship programs.

good luck!

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep