Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation please!!

by charanbobby » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 am
GMAT Scores
650 (50,28)
640 (47,31)
610 (49, 24) (Yes! My score is falling down everytime I re-take the exam so decided to stop giving GMAT again)

TOEFL:
Yet to recieve the score.

Academics:
10th: 83.5%
12th: 92.5% (I was on top 2% people list on my 11th State exam results(secured 96% in the results))
CGPA: 7.4 from a deemed university.

Work exp:
2 years 3 months work experience with TCS, a multi-national software company, as a quality analyst.
Currently gave up IT job to help Father with his business, a security and labour supply business having over 300 employees. Personally felt that I can come up with some business solutions for the company using the corporate and technological experience I had. Although I haven't started anything yet, due to some family emergencies, I am planning to work with him for the next full year till admission.

Achievements:
1. Several NSS activities(conducted free medical checkup camp(an article regarding this was published in local newspaper), oldest temple in India(Thanjavur Big Temple)),
2. Participated in workshops(1. Entrepreneurship Development Cell. 2. Vedic Mathematics workshop.).
3. Best employee for the month (found redundancies in the work and designed an innovative automation tool to overcome the redundancies), Best team (for finding highest number of valid bus in the system) and several other awards and appreciations from Onshore client managers.
4. Gave many Knowledge Transfer sessions to many trainees.

Initial Targetted University before GMAT exam:
1. Univ of Virginia (impressed by their case study method of teaching)
2. Univ of Maryland
(A small hope still remains that I can land up somewhere in these universities)

After seeing the scores and personally evaluating the profile:
1. North Eastern Univ [D'Amore-McKim](impressed by corporate residential program)
2. Penn State Univ (Smeal)
3. Georgia (Terry)(impressed by its small class size)
4. Boston College(impressed by its age(;-)))
5. Rotman Univ (selected this because its one of the top Canadian Univ having 2 year MBA program.)

Short Term Goals: see myself working in finance or consulting sector in a well reputed company for the next 5 years.
Long Term Goals: Start a business and also, due to personal experience I am having, to open up hospice centers (NGO) for sick and old people back home.

PS: Upon researching, I feel that, being an Indian and having a typical job and average profile (All odds are against me(:-()), I will end up in a mediocre univ and will be kicked out of US soon.