Difference between GMATPrep and GMATPowerPrep software

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi

I have the new GMATPrep software which I got from the GMAC website and I also downloaded the GMAT POWERPREP software. I was just wondering whether this software is by GMAC or not and if it is then are the questions in this software and the new software from the same bank or are they different.

Thank you

Kapil

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:30 pm
Hello! GMATPowerPrep is a very old version of GMATPrep. Many, if not, most of the questions in the two products will be the same. I have reached out to our products team to find out exactly how much overlap there is. I will let you know when I have a response.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by kapilmalhotra » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:58 pm
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply!:)

Also, I gave a practice yesterday on the powerprep software and felt that the test was not adaptive, however I have also given a practice test on the new software and the questions were adaptive for sure. Could you please check that up also with your team whether the questions in the old powerprep software are adaptive or not?

thanks a lot!

Kapil

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:30 am
Hello, again. Sorry for the delay in reply. PowerPrep is an old product of ours, so it took some digging to get the information about it! GMATPrep and PowerPrep contain the same questions, with the exception of IR, which is only located in GMATPrep. So you are better off using our newer product. The CAT format is more up-to-date in GMATPrep as well. I hope that helps.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!