Boston University with 80kUSD Scho Vs ISB Hyderbad..........

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:8 members
I got confirmation from Boston University School of management MBA with 80k USD scholarship.So my tuition fee is just around 4k USD.

Today i got confirmation from ISB Hyderbad, and i need to confirm within next 10 days.

Please provide your valuable insight about these options ............

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by westsidah408 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 pm
First, congratulations for getting into BU with an awesome scholarship package.

BUT for any of us to comment on a BU vs. ISB-H comparison, we would need to know your profile and post-MBA goals.
arunmb2002 wrote:I got confirmation from Boston University School of management MBA with 80k USD scholarship.So my tuition fee is just around 4k USD.

Today i got confirmation from ISB Hyderbad, and i need to confirm within next 10 days.

Please provide your valuable insight about these options ............

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by arunmb2002 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 pm
Hello westsidah408
Thanks for the response. Infact i forgot to add my profile..

Work exp - 7 years experience in IBM, 2 International assignment which spread across 1.5yrs within this period.
Job type - IT, senior software engineer.
Education - B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics
GMAT Score - 750
Post MBA plan - Moving to Operational management in a product based company.

Hope this will help...

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by westsidah408 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:15 pm
Where do you want to work post-MBA? The US, India, elsewhere?
I think you should look at the employment statistics and other facilities that each university may offer that is relevant to your career, such as an Operations Club.

Personally, given the choice, I would go to BU. 80k scholarship is immense! That's basically tuition covered. Plus, it looks great on your resume to have that and it should help in the career search.

I will take a look at ISB soon to give you a more balanced view.

Caveat: I am not a self-proclaimed expert nor a consultant. My views are only my humble and honest opinions.
arunmb2002 wrote:Hello westsidah408
Thanks for the response. Infact i forgot to add my profile..

Work exp - 7 years experience in IBM, 2 International assignment which spread across 1.5yrs within this period.
Job type - IT, senior software engineer.
Education - B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics
GMAT Score - 750
Post MBA plan - Moving to Operational management in a product based company.

Hope this will help...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:51 am
Hi Arunmb2002,

I will advice you to go for ISB. My Indian friends & colleagues hold this school in very high regard. I have also been following the school for some time and i am amazed at the school's capability to attract high potential international employers on campus and offer excellent campus placements. Something scarce in Europe.

Boston University's MBA is not represented in the top 10 or 15 MBA programs in the US and it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a job abroad both in the US & Europe. Take into consideration that more than 50% of MBA aspirants from India have a typical profile similar to yours (IT engineers). As far as the scholarship is concerned, you can understand that the overall opportunity cost at Boston will be much more together with the inconvenience & expenses of post MBA job search. Get into ISB and then try to find a job internationally.

Hope it helps.