What kind of work experience qualifies as "work experie

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Well my question is pretty simple.I'm trying to go back to school after a 4years drop...i had my bachelor degree back in 2006 in morocco, then went to canada to start a General MBA for 1 semester which a passed but then drop out to move to the states in 2008...ever since, I've been in the restaurant business working as a waiter for a couple of high end restaurant and a night club in new york city...
Now after 4 years,I want to go back to school and try to get an mba in marketing, and was wondering if being a mere waiter qualifies me for that (with a good GMAT score of course) or would I be denied because I don't have any "field experience"...
Please I really need some good advice.
Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by simonella » Sat May 26, 2012 4:01 am
I'm thinkin about zicklin business school...
Can someone please get back at me?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by myEssayReview » Sat May 26, 2012 12:19 pm
You need to make a good case for yourself as to why you dropped out of MBA and moved to the USA, took a job as a waiter,did it for awhile , and now wish to do MBA in marketing.Remember, during these four years you were not sitting idle watching matches or movies.You were working and that work experience must have taught you some valuable skills that will be transferable to your MBA experience.The key here is how well you can convince the Ad Com of your decisions and your resulting growth .

You are aiming at a good GMAT score , so work hard on that.

Good luck with your endeavor.

If you find this post helpful, please let me know by pushing the thank button.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by olimpic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:07 pm
It might help if you push for promotion and take some extra responsibilities at work.