IR section

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:70 members

IR section

by karthikpandian19 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:42 pm
How the IR section is scored and how the scoring is interpreted by schools while admission?

An insight required on this section
Regards,
Karthik
The source of the questions that i post from JUNE 2013 is from KNEWTON

---If you find my post useful, click "Thank" :) :)---
---Never stop until cracking GMAT---

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:36 am
Thank you for your question! The IR section is scored on a 1-8 score scale. Your score will only be in whole numbers. As you may know, each question in the IR section will have one or more answer prompt. You must get each answer prompt correct in order to receive credit. There is no partial credit for answers.

As for your second question, as with other sections of the GMAT exam, we will release a percentile ranking chart for IR scores. Schools may use this percentile chart to compare your IR score with that of other test-takers. The first percentile ranking chart will be released at the end of June and updated monthly for the next six months. The next update after that will be in six months, and then annually. You may also want to look at this blog from the Vice Dean at the Wharton School for more insight into how schools use GMAT scores: https://asktheexpert.mba.com/2012/02/28/ ... -programs/. I hope that answers your question!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!