Multi-Source Reasoning in bunch of 3 ??

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Multi-Source Reasoning in bunch of 3 ??

by vikram4689 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 am
Hi ,
I saw webminar on IR by MGMAT. Here it is mentioned that we have 7.5 minutes for Multi Source Reasoning. Is it confirmed that Multi-Source Reasoning will appear in bunch of 3 questions. If that is the case then that is huge relief for test takers because after investing so much time in reading they will be able to solve at least 3 ques.
Premise: If you like my post
Conclusion : Press the Thanks Button ;)

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:140 members

by Mike@Magoosh » Tue May 15, 2012 8:12 am
vikram4689,

That doesn't sound right to me. I was on a conference call with folks at GMAC, and they said

a) there will be a base number of questions of each of the four types --- they would not say what those numbers were
b) that base portion will consist of eight questions, will have the same composition of questions for everyone, and will be the graded portion for everyone.
c) the actual IR sections test-takers see will have those questions plus four experimental questions; the experimental questions can be mixed up in any order amongst the graded questions
d) while everyone's graded portion has the same ratios of questions, folks will see real IR sections with different ratios because of the experimental questions.

So, sorry to burst your bubble, but you could have 4-5 MSR questions --- some would probably be experimental, but by the time you get to the fourth or fifth one and realize you have that many, you will have no way to determine which ones were experimental, so you will have to do your best on all of them.

See this post:
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/how-will-t ... be-scored/

I hope this helps.

Mike :)
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
https://gmat.magoosh.com/