How to explain gap in education?

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How to explain gap in education?

by solomonking » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:56 am
How do I explain a gap in my education between High School and Graduation? I started working as a computer graphic designer soon after graduating from high school in 2008 and then worked in the voluntary sector in an orphanage as an assistant manager. Then I worked for a medical transcription company as a transcriptionist. Totally I have 8 years of experience including the voluntary work. To make up for my lack of formal qualification, I enrolled in a distance Bachelor of Arts with Political Science, Public Administration, and English Literature in 2013 January and I graduated in 2015 December. Do I have a chance of getting admitted to a b-school within the top 25 to 50?

Re: How to explain gap in education?

by Kevin32 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:33 pm
If you have problems with studying like me. Then I can advise you on excellent tutors who helped me learn chemistry. This is https://www.medicmind.co.uk/interview-online-course/ . Good attitude towards students. All eagerly explain and the prices are good.

Re: How to explain gap in education?

by Ole1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:18 pm
I was explained by a college representative that I had to participate in their accelerated learning program which may be either Advanced Placement (AP), dual or concurrent enrollment, International Baccalaureate or early college. Malia Obama's example can show that a gap year isn't so scary. You just need to explain you motivation in the personal statement or cover letter.