awaprofessor.com essay rater - good?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

awaprofessor.com essay rater - good?

by Black5tar » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:13 pm
i have been trying to find someone reliable to rate my awa essay and i came across awaprofessor.com on one of the prep websites.

has anyone tried them before? any feedback on them?

by Black5tar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:24 am
Black5tar wrote:i have been trying to find someone reliable to rate my awa essay and i came across awaprofessor.com on one of the prep websites.

has anyone tried them before? any feedback on them?
anybody? i have done an awa essay and im dying to see where i stand but essays posted directly on these forums seems like they will just be ignored

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:40 am
I don't know anything about that service. However, if you're interested, you can use the test-maker's GMAT Write service (https://www.mba.com/global/store/store-c ... rite.aspx?) to have two essays scored by GMAC's official essay-scoring system ($29.99)

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by Black5tar » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:37 pm
Brent@GMATPrepNow wrote:I don't know anything about that service. However, if you're interested, you can use the test-maker's GMAT Write service (https://www.mba.com/global/store/store-c ... rite.aspx?) to have two essays scored by GMAC's official essay-scoring system ($29.99)

Cheers,
Brent
Thanks for the suggestion Brent! I considered GMAT Write, but heard bad reviews online about the limited "feedback" they gave.
Apparently they just give you a score based on their e-rater without any guidance for further improvement. I even emailed the service provider (Vantage) for more information. i took them 2 MONTHS just to get back to me with a one-liner ("Yes, you will receive feedback").

THANKS BUT NO THANKS GMAT WRITE!

by Black5tar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:41 pm
just to share, i went ahead to submit an essay to awaprofessor.com and the feedback was really helpful. they even taught me the secrets of official essay graders (3 full pages worth).

it took them less than a day to give me my essay report too. so for those of you who need your essays rated urgently, or if you are simply frustrated with waiting for someone to look at your essay on this forum, this is a great resource!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by donnaprimadonna » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:05 am
Black5tar wrote:
Brent@GMATPrepNow wrote:I don't know anything about that service. However, if you're interested, you can use the test-maker's GMAT Write service (https://www.mba.com/global/store/store-c ... rite.aspx?) to have two essays scored by GMAC's official essay-scoring system ($29.99)

Cheers,
Brent
Thanks for the suggestion Brent! I considered GMAT Write, but heard bad reviews online about the limited "feedback" they gave.
Apparently they just give you a score based on their e-rater without any guidance for further improvement. I even emailed the service provider (Vantage) for more information. i took them 2 MONTHS just to get back to me with a one-liner ("Yes, you will receive feedback").

Woah. That's a long period of time. After visiting the link that was shared here I've found only books I could purchase.
A creative manager at rewrite example.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:23 am
Black5tar wrote:

Cheers,
Brent

That's good to know!

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Re: awaprofessor.com essay rater - good?

by patiobuffalo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:28 pm
Did a quick google of awaprofessor and their essay evaluation looks very impressive. Anyone else here tried them?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gentvenus » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:06 am
I just received my essay report from AWAProfessor. Well worth the money.

As someone here mentioned before, the feedback given is very detailed and the expert graders are very helpful. I want to get 6.0 AWA score in my test and I am alot more confident of my writing now with their help.

I am going to submit a few more essays to them as I practiced quite a few questions. It is very nice to finally know whether my answers are good enough.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gentvenus » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:30 pm
Just an update, I scored 6.0 for my AWA so I am very happy!