My 730 under two months with EmpowerGMAT

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi there,

Just want to share my experience with EmpowerGMAT. I normally don't do feedback on anything, but this product has been extremely helpful for me to achieve 730.

I started thinking about MBA in mid April, and jumped right on GMAT. Most of my friends recommended Manhattan Prep and other big companies, but I chose EmpowerGMAT after seeing it at the forum and decided to try bc of the price and reviews.

Originally, I gave myself three months and booked the test for late July, but the self-paced learning was very smooth and easy, so I ended up learning more everyday. By mid-May, after doing prep tests almost every 10 days and saw my score going up to 700, I decided to book an online GMAT end of June.

Basically, I dedicate 2 hours everyday, going through the modules on EmpowerGMAT and OG, and that's it. End of June, I got my official score of 730 and cancelled my July test.

My prep tests scores were 630 (without studying) - 690 - 650 - 700 - 700 - 720.

Honestly, I think the design of the modules and the tactics are very efficient. EMPOWER only uses examples from the OG, so everything I saw during my prep was only from the official channel, which it's extremely important. At the end, I was so familiar with the style of the questions. Even though I still couldn't figure out sometimes why the right answer was right, but I could guess out the right answers just because I was too familiar with the question style. It's also self-paced, so you can fast-forward if it's something you're familiar with (for me, it's Quant).

I followed the EMPOWER study plan, plus I had my own plan to answer all the OG questions in 40 days, and used 20 days to re-answer all the wrong questions. Spent max 2 hours a day.

Of course, GMAT is a personal thing, and takes a lot of dedication, so everyone is different. I'm all about efficiency, and this company found the most efficient way to tackle GMAT.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Re: My 730 under two months with EmpowerGMAT

by Niketd » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:42 am
Congratulations!