Need help to decide GMAT Test cancellation

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hi,
I've a tricky situation at place regarding my GMAT Test cancellation.

My test is scheduled for coming Tuesday. But I'll be unable to take the test on that day because of some UNAVOIDABLE CIRCUMSTANCE at my end. So, I've the following THREE options, I believe :

1. I'll have to reschedule my GMAT, paying $250 since less than 7 days are remaining. But as I'm NOT sure when EXACTLY I'll be able to take the test, I want to avoid this option, especially when I need to pay the full amount instead of normal reschedule fee of $50.

2. I cancel the test (NO REFUND since less than 7 days) and register for a new slot with $250. In this case, what will be reflected in my GMAT score HISTORY and in the GMAT score report that will be sent to the schools when I take the GMAT test next time ?

Will the schools get to know when they'll receive the score report next time that I cancelled the GMAT Test previously ?

3. I simply don't show up on coming Tuesday. What will happen this time ?
Will the schools somehow get to know when they'll receive the score report next time that I didn't show up for the scheduled GMAT Test earlier ?

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:41 am
Hello,

I believe we were able to assist you from the Customer Care portal, but I wanted to post here as well to follow up.

Depending on what your circumstances were, you would be able to provide some form of documentation to our partner Pearson VUE to see if there is another alternative for rescheduling. Your numbered assumptions 1 and 2 are correct, and if you did reschedule, cancel, or miss the exam no one would be notified about this. If you do take the GMAT Exam in the future and accept the scores, your universities of choice will only see GMAT Exam scores that are valid (within five years) and accepted. They are not notified about any canceled scores, canceled/missed appointments, or rescheduling.

Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any more questions!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!