Personal MBA Coach founder & Wharton grad to answer ?s

This topic has expert replies
MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
Welcome! I am here to answer any and all questions related to the MBA and graduate school admissions process. Since I founded Personal MBA Coach in 2008 I have been helping applicants around the world get into their dream schools with a boutique 1:1 approach. Whether you are looking for 1:1 GMAT/GRE tutoring from a Harvard / MIT grad or help with your applications, we can help!

Personal MBA Coach Overview
As a former management consultant, a Wharton MBA and MIT BS graduate, Scott founded Personal MBA Coach in 2008. With a boutique and personalized approach, Scott helps turn analytical, general management and client services experiences into powerful and convincing stories that admissions committee members are looking for. Scott has helped hundreds of applicants get into top MBA programs around the world including HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Chicago Booth, Kellogg, Columbia GSB, Dartmouth Tuck, MIT Sloan, London Business School, INSEAD, Yale SOM, UVA Darden, Duke Fuqua, Berkeley Haas, NYU Stern and many more. Contact Scott to learn how Personal MBA Coach can help you prepare for the GMAT/GRE and work with you to create powerful applications, walking you step by step through the entire process. Looking to ace the interview? Personal MBA Coach also has a team of former MBA interviewers from M7 schools to help you seal the deal.

96% of Personal MBA Coach clients get into one of their top schools. Whether you are applying to full-time, part-time or Executive MBA programs, Scott can help you get there.

Scott can be reached at [email protected], www.personalmbacoach.com or +1 617 645 2424.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Aabshar3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:26 am
Hello Scott,
I am a doctor working in India. I run a telemedicine startup for cancer patients. I have been offered a place in Vanderbilt Owen's class of 2020 with a considerable scholarship, and have been put on wait list at UNC. I am having a hard time deciding whether to wait for UNC's answer in summer or to go with Vanderbilt. Personally I loved Nashville and Owen's culture on my visit to campus. My future goal is to work with med devices/pharma/biotech. What is your take on it?
In anticipation of your answer.
Best,
Aabshar

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm
Aabshar3 wrote:Hello Scott,
I am a doctor working in India. I run a telemedicine startup for cancer patients. I have been offered a place in Vanderbilt Owen's class of 2020 with a considerable scholarship, and have been put on wait list at UNC. I am having a hard time deciding whether to wait for UNC's answer in summer or to go with Vanderbilt. Personally I loved Nashville and Owen's culture on my visit to campus. My future goal is to work with med devices/pharma/biotech. What is your take on it?
In anticipation of your answer.
Best,
Aabshar
Aabshar,

Thank you for your post. Congrats on both your medical accomplishments and the acceptance / scholarship! Both are great schools. UNC is really good for healthcare, though you could also do great things at Vandy. Given how waitlists work, I would go for Vanderbilt and start planning for your future. Plus the scholarship helps.

Best of luck!

Best,
Scott

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I appreciate the feedback. Congratulations on being accepted and receiving the scholarship. They're both excellent learning institutions. If healthcare is your focus, UNC is an excellent choice; however, Vanderbilt is also a strong option. Given the nature of waitlists, my advice is to choose Vanderbilt and begin making plans for your future. The financial aid is a plus, too.