Profile evaluation for list of b-schools

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile evaluation for list of b-schools

by krutik » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:56 am
Dear team,

Following is my profile. I would like you to advise me on the probability of getting into the following business schools. Also, should I retake the GMAT ? Which other b-schools could I target ?

Indian, Male
Firm: JP Morgan Chase & Co.
Titles held: Technology Analyst, Applications Developer
Current Title: Business Analyst
Work-experience(by July 2017)- 4 years
GMAT highest: 710 (q49/v38/ir 7/AWA 6)

A total of 3 attempts on the GMAT with scores-640,700,and 710. Should I retake the GMAT ? I am targeting Round 1 in most of the schools.

TOEFL:110
Undergraduate:Bachelor of Engineering(Information Technology),University of Mumbai
GPA: 66% =4 year average.
First Class with Distinction
Extra curricular: First spot in IEEE,Inc. web product competition(Scale: Colleges across Mumbai)
Part of student clubs for college fests.
Philanthropy: Associated with philanthropic initiatives by JP Morgan. Lead at couple of the teams.

Interested in following schools:

MIT Sloan
Columbia GSB
Tuck
UVA Darden
Michigan Ross
NYU Stern
UCLA Anderson
Kelley Business School
London Business School
Ivey,Canada
NUS,Singapore
CEIBS
CUHK
HKUST, Hong Kong

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:39 am
krutik wrote:Dear team,

Following is my profile. I would like you to advise me on the probability of getting into the following business schools. Also, should I retake the GMAT ? Which other b-schools could I target ?

Indian, Male
Firm: JP Morgan Chase & Co.
Titles held: Technology Analyst, Applications Developer
Current Title: Business Analyst
Work-experience(by July 2017)- 4 years
GMAT highest: 710 (q49/v38/ir 7/AWA 6)

A total of 3 attempts on the GMAT with scores-640,700,and 710. Should I retake the GMAT ? I am targeting Round 1 in most of the schools.

TOEFL:110
Undergraduate:Bachelor of Engineering(Information Technology),University of Mumbai
GPA: 66% =4 year average.
First Class with Distinction
Extra curricular: First spot in IEEE,Inc. web product competition(Scale: Colleges across Mumbai)
Part of student clubs for college fests.
Philanthropy: Associated with philanthropic initiatives by JP Morgan. Lead at couple of the teams.

Interested in following schools:

MIT Sloan
Columbia GSB
Tuck
UVA Darden
Michigan Ross
NYU Stern
UCLA Anderson
Kelley Business School
London Business School
Ivey,Canada
NUS,Singapore
CEIBS
CUHK
HKUST, Hong Kong

Hi there, I think you are looking in the right direction, in terms of schools. You haven't mentioned your goals, so without knowing them, I would suggest choosing a few of the 'dream' schools you've listed, along with others that are simply 'stretch' and others where you'll be more competitive.

Sloan, Columbia and LBS would be the hardest of the bunch, Followed by Tuck, Darden, Ross, Stern, Anderson. I would say the others will find you more competitive.
It's important that you can show some progression at work from the last few years; also you'll want to make sure to connect your experience with your goals. The extracurricular is good - especially as it gives you some leadership experience, which you are lacking at work.

In general, as an Indian male (you don't say where you work, what country) you are in a very large pool of applicants; you'll need to find ways to make yourself truly outstanding. 750 is a common GMAT in this pool, so consider retaking, and you'll need to reach into your background for stories that help you to shine.

Good luck!

Joy

--------------------------------------------------
Free online chances calculator
Top MBA Programs