Hi, I am New to this Forum

Welcome to the Beat The GMAT community! Tell us about yourself
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hi, I am New to this Forum

by Ophy1952 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:07 am
Hi, My name is Josh and I'm new to this forum. Basically I'm from mumbai and sole reason to join this forum is to learn about new opportunities and also gain some knowledge. 

Thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:770

by OptimusPrep » Mon May 30, 2016 8:04 pm
Ophy1952 wrote:Hi, My name is Josh and I'm new to this forum. Basically I'm from mumbai and sole reason to join this forum is to learn about new opportunities and also gain some knowledge. 

Thanks
I assume you are new to GMAT preparation. The following are few tips that will help you start your preparation:

You need to build the concepts/fundamentals before you jump in solving the problems. You can do so by choosing one of the following ways:

1. In person classes/private tutoring
2. Online classes
3. Self paced online preparatory course
4. Book heavy approach

Whatever you choose, make sure that you choose one. Because GMAT tests you on some concepts and fundamentals that you can learn from a course. Most of the preparatory companies including ours offer a free trial of our course. You can take the trial and see if the course suits your needs.
In addition to the preparatory material, buy the Official Guides(both the Official Guide and the Verbal Review), Question Pack 1 and the 4 official mock CATs. They should be an indispensable part of your preparation.

You need close to 3 months to prepare well for the GMAT.

1. Understand the concepts and fundamentals before jumping into problem solving
2. Solve full length CATs including AWA and IR. You can get two free GMAT Prep mock CATs and can purchase 4 more from mba.com
3. Make sure you solve the official questions from the Official Guide