This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Below are the data points from my profile

Female from India, 27 years old
GMAT 690 (Q 50, V32, IR 1, AWA 5)
GPA 3.8
Work ex - 5+ years in Automobile Manufacturing
Companies : 1. Mercedes Benz India (1 year) - Senior Engg (Current)
2. Mahindra and Mahindra (4 years) - Deputy Manager (Previous)- Indian automobile manufacturing giant
International Work ex - 6 months in Germany
Career Progression : Got promoted in Previous company from Assistant manager to deputy manager
Leadership experiences : Was President of Entrepreneurship club during undergrad, Was press and publicity In-charge of Student representative council of college and few more.
Leading a team at previous company and also leading a project at current company
Community work: Worked for Teach India - Gave language lessons to Kids in Orphanage(1year)
Worked with international NGO (educational cause) - 4 years
Worked as a Leader of program launched to teach under privileged children (30 children) - Corporate social responsibility in previous company I worked for.
Foreign language - 1st level German.

I have an option to
retake GMAT (to improve IR and Verbal)in next 15 days so that I could apply this year in round 2 with 30 days left for working on my applications
Vs
Start preparing applications for round 2 (I have only 45 days from now to do so)

I would be grateful to get expert opinion.

Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:53 am
Hi there,

What do you want to with your MBA? What are your short and long-term goals?
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by shaheenthobani » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:31 am
Hi ,

Thanks for your interest.

MBA will add to the business side of my profession by giving me a platform to see leadership from various standpoints, by giving me an opportunity to learn aspects of business such as finance, mergers and acquisitions, etc through case studies and from experts and peers from diverse industries. All this is difficult through traditional career path in my industry. MBA will give me an enriching ecosystem (peers, professors, alumni, networks, etc) and, most importantly, an opportunity to steer my career towards more of strategic roles than operational.

My Short term goal is - I want to continue my journey in the Automotive Industry, and lead global car programs in emerging markets. With the experience of working for Electric cars, I want to develop mobility solutions that are sustainable and economic.

My long term goal is - I see myself as a CEO/a strategic decision maker who, with her strong technical background and business acumen, would lead the manufacturing firm.

Thanks,
Shaheen